Friday, November 2, 2012

Pick your party

I have grown up my whole life "Republican". I labeled myself due to my parents. Isn't that what most people do? I did it without question. Where I am from, most of the people are conservative, making it very easy to fall in line. You are a product of your environment. Although I was naive, I always had this inkling that most of what people say about politics is uneducated hot air.  

When i took our civics quiz, i was deemed a "post modern", which i agree with. I play both sides of the fence i suppose. I see rights and wrongs in each party. Financially, I am very conservative. Socially, I am liberal. Can you see my confusion? In our society, you are forced to pick a team. Independent is out of the question, mainly for things based on money. You are left with Democrats and Republicans, neither of which i would whole-heartedly agree with. I think most of us feel the same way. I don't think our Presidential candidates agree with all of their parties views either, but they will say what it takes to keep that financial backing!

Honesty in such trying times would be a breath of fresh air. Guidance without all the fluff is what America needs and neither of the candidates presented before us can deliver. You can not keep diehards and the general public happy at the same time. We are far more rational ;)

This year, i did not pick a party. For the first time, i did my research, i voted split ticket. That's what America is about. I don't want to identify myself with a party because i shouldn't have to.

1 comment:

  1. http://dingleyd.blogspot.com/2012/12/commentary-on-pick-your-party.html

    ReplyDelete